Procedure of disconnection of electricity supply:
- PUBLIC NOTICE of disconnection,
- CUSTOMER IDENTIFIED as not paying their account,
- DISCONNECTION TEAM issues and ensure the customer name and number are correct before disconnection,
- CONFIRMATION of no patient on a life supporting machine or system inside the house before disconnection,
- WARN OCCUPANTS of the building to switch off electrical appliances to prevent possible damage to appliances prior to disconnection,
- DISCONNECT power supply.
Procedure for reconnecting electricity supply, when disconnected:
If power has been disconnected and reconnection needs to take place, the customer needs to;
- PAY ACCOUNT in FULL plus $200 overdue penalty fee. This fee must be paid when house is disconnected to ensure reconnection.
- Reconnection of electricity supply ONLY when an occupant of the premises is present, as a safety precaution and to confirm the power is active again.